Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Croissants Bistro & Bakery

I'm not much of a breakfast person.  I learned a long time ago that it is important for me to eat something in the morning so my stomach doesn't growl, hence embarrassing me.  I'm usually a granola bar type of person.  This morning, I had breakfast at Croissants Bistro & Bakery.

Maybe it's a bit unfair of me to judge them based on my particular breakfast, since I only had a fruit plate.  Regardless, let's talk a bit about the restaurant, shall we?  It's not just about the food.

Croissants is located on 38th Avenue, so it is actually rather convenient for me.  They open their doors at 7 o'clock, giving me plenty of time for a bite to eat before I have to be to work.  There weren't a lot of diners at that time, which was nice.  It was easy to get a table and get served.

The server was very nice, and she was also in the Halloween spirit, dressed as a witch.  She still had her uniform on though!  She got the order right and timed everything appropriately.  I didn't feel rushed, nor did I feel I had to wait for anything.

There are all sorts of good breakfast choices on the menu, but I opted to get the fruit plate.  I know it doesn't sound adventurous, and when you consider it was $8, it wasn't a great deal.  I could have had eggs and hashbrowns with toast for that cost.

The fruit plate consisted of strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe  honeydew, and blueberries.  It was quite a large portion and the fruit was firm and tasty.  The strawberries were a bit tart, but they couldn't have foreseen that.  I'm not usually one for dipping my fruit into anything, but it would have been nice to have some sort of fruit dipping sauce for the strawberries, to sweeten them up a bit.  Sugar would have also worked.  I can't fault the server, as I didn't ask for any sugar.  Frankly, it was tasty regardless of tart strawberries.

Someday, I would like to take Mark to Croissants for breakfast.  I had an enjoyable experience.  It's a bit on the expensive side for a fruit plate, but it was really good.  If you're sick of the normal breakfast places, give Croissants a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment