Saturday, October 20, 2012

Salon Edge

Welcome back to my on-going quest to find a salon that I like.  The journey may have finally come to a close with my discovery of Salon Edge, located in North Myrtle Beach.  I wouldn't normally travel up that way to get my hair done, but Pam, one of my co-workers, has amazing hair and happens to get it done there.  She was kind enough to get me an appointment on relatively short notice.

The night before my appointment, Mark and I had business in North Myrtle Beach.  Since I was nervous about finding the place the next day, we did a drive by.  Since I was driving, it was hard to see, but Mark spoke up when he saw it.  I took note of the area, so I would be prepared.

Unfortunately, my preparation didn't serve me very well.  When I went to find Salon Edge again, for my appointment, I managed to look right past it.  I pulled into the parking lot that Mark had pointed out, but I didn't see the salon.  I ended up, when I pulled out of the neighboring parking lot, to drive off of a curb I didn't know was there.  It wasn't going so well.

After another circuit around, I finally found the place.*  Even though there seemed to be a ton of people around in North Myrtle Beach, there was plenty of parking.  The drive itself is pretty simple.  I chose to stay on 17, but most people were telling me to take 31.

Now, let's get into the salon itself.  When you walk in, there is actually a store in the front.

The couch wants you to have a seat!

It has fancy jewelry and bags; it's very artsy.**  The colors are pretty, and the area is put together well.  There is a counter and a section of wall that break the space into the shop and the salon.

Fancy!

Behind the wall, the salon is laid out, quite like most salons.  Unlike other salons, most of the furniture is white.  It makes the place seem very bright and welcoming.

Now, there was only one other soul in Salon Edge, and that was Suzee McQuaig, the woman who was going to take care of me.  Apparently, she is the only one who works on Saturday, and I loved it.  I get overly nervous around people***, and I loved having a salon experience where I didn't feel like all the other customers were best friends with the stylists.  I didn't feel like an interloper.

The stylist was super patient with me, as we discussed what I wanted.  We decided on some semi-permanent hair color.  As she worked, we discussed having fine hair, as well as other random matters.  She was very gentle with my hair.  After she put the color on my hair, she stuck me under the dryer for about twenty minutes.  She left me with my thoughts and my phone while she went to have her lunch.  It worked out quite well.

After I was done baking, she shampooed my hair and led me back to the chair.  She began combing out my tangles, and we began discussing the possibility of a trim.  I didn't expect to get a haircut, but I've wanted to get rid of the layers in my hair.  After establishing my hair length and what it would be after cutting up to the layers, I gave her the go ahead.  She was pretty shocked, but we went for it!

When it was all said and done, she had cut off over four inches and given my color a pleasant boost.  It was time for the worst part of most salon experiences; it was time to pay.  I was quoted $100 just for color.  She charged me $90, which included semi-permanent color and a blunt cut.  I know $90 is a lot of money, but it was actually less than what I've been charged at other places.  Since the service was also a ton better, it was money well spent.

I fully intend to return to Salon Edge.  I was happy with both the service and price.  If you are looking for a salon, you should give Salon Edge a shot.



*Thank you, Ham.  I saw the striped awning!

**In a good way!

***If I am at work, I can chat away.  Put me in a more social setting, and I end up hiding in the corner.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Holly. I'm glad your search for a Hair Salon / Boutique, lead you to SALON EDGE. Thank you for taking the time to write this Post. I think it's wonderful. I Look forward to seeing you Soon. Thank you very much, Dwain Edge / SALON EDGE. 843-449-8566. 407 Main Street, North Myrtle Beach S.C. 29582 salonedge3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Holly, I just wanted to thank you personally for such a glowing report about your salon experience with me this past weekend! I am so very happy that you were pleased and look forward to working with you in the future! Again, thanks and I hope you are enjoying your trip! Suzee McQuaig/Salon Edge 843-267-7373

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for taking the time to comment on my thoughts. I really enjoyed my experience at Salon Edge and will definitely be returning. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete