Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nestle Pure Life Water

Mark and I used to use Brita filters for all of our water needs.*  We eventually moved up to the spigot attachment, rather than the actual pitchers.  When we moved to Myrtle Beach, we discovered that our spigot filter did not fit.  After a bit of cajoling on Mark's part, we decided to start buying bottled water from Sam's Club.

Sam's Club carries quite a few brands, as well as containers.  You can get sporty bottles, tiny bottles, expensive bottles.  Being thrifty people, we usually buy Nestle Pure Life unless Deer Park is cheaper.  We usually get 32 to 38 bottles for around four bucks.  That's a pretty good deal.

Recently, Sam's Club was out of my two favored brands, leaving me with only the more expensive choices.  Because there was a huge pallet of it, we ended up with a case of Aquafina.  It wasn't that much more expensive, but Mark and I agree that the Aquafina water was not any better than the Nestle brand.

Now, I realize it is all just water.  When we get right down to it, it's probably no better for us than what comes out in the sink.  Regardless, our brains have us convinced it is better, and there is no reasoning with them.  Sometimes, my brain tries to convince me that the more expensive item is actually better.**  That didn't happen with the water.  They really just seemed exactly the same.  Mark is of a different opinion; he thinks the Aqaufina water had a more plastic taste to it.

After our experience with Aquafina, we'll be sticking with Deer Park or Nestle, whichever is the better deal. Until then, I'll keep trying to convince myself that sink water is best.  So far, no luck.

*With-in reason.  We didn't filter the cat's water or anything like that.  He licks his own butt, for goodness' sake.

**Witness my desire for a Dooney & Bourke Disney purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment