Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Pioneer Woman

The internet is a wonderful place.  For whatever reason, I decided that I needed to make a roast this week.  It seemed like a great idea, so Mark had the meat guys cut me a chuck roast.  So, I have a roast.  I have potatoes.  I have carrots.  I have onions.  What now?  Well, considering that I don't really know how to properly cook a roast, I turned to the internet.

Googling how to cook anything comes up with a myriad of responses.  There are youtube videos.  There are answers submitted by random people, some who are most assuredly trolls.  Usually, I end up on some professional's site for recipes.  For whatever reason, I ended up clicking on a link for the Pioneer Woman.*

As someone that has been writing pretty much daily for the past year, I can respect someone that takes the time and puts their thoughts and works out there for others to see, to judge.  The Pioneer Woman website is well put together and is obviously a labor of love.  Ree, the author, has her thoughts on a variety of subjects present, with a focus on food and photography.

Some food based blogs are dry and rather uninteresting.  Ree makes it interesting.  She has a very warm and friendly tone to her words.  After reading about how to cook a roast, I want to do it her way.  I like her descriptions so much that I plan to go buy the type of pan she used.  I'm going to try techniques and ingredients that I haven't before.  She has inspired me, and I would imagine that's the point.  What else is she sharing that information for if not to inspire her readers?

I fully intend to spend a great deal of time reading through the Pioneer Woman site.  For now, I'll make my shopping list to pick up the items I need for my roast.  Who knows...maybe you'll hear all about that tomorrow.  In the mean time, check out her site.  It's put together well and has some nice recipes on it, as well as some pretty photos.

*I'm pretty sure Tara made mention of this site in the past.  If I'm incorrect, she still gets the credit.  I had forgotten all about it until today.

No comments:

Post a Comment