Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Blogger

Since I've been using this on almost a daily basis, I suppose it's time we talk about Blogger.  Obviously, it's the site I use to host my reviews, and it's pretty swell.  It's easy to use and has some nice features.  It probably has snazzy features that I don't even know about.

Originally, I was just posting my reviews as notes on Facebook.  A couple people suggested that I put all my reviews together in some sort of blog, so as to make them easily accessible for those that want to read them. My Facebook notes were getting lost in the feed.  Back in February, I finally joined up with Blogger here, and the rest is internet history.*

The best part about Blogger is that it's easy to use.  For the longest time, I didn't use pictures in my reviews.  One day, when I decided to figure it out, I was pleased with how easy it was.  Anything you want to do with your blog is pretty easy to figure out.  They give you tools to help design it, or they offer some preset designs.  You can be as impressive or simple as you want to be.

In school, they always stressed that you should save your papers as you wrote them when using the computer.  This is so very true, and Blogger knows it.  That's why, when you're writing, it periodically saves your work.  Unfortunately, it does not do this when you are editing a post.**

If you find yourself wanting to start a blog and aren't particularly tech savvy, Blogger is a good place to start. They've already got it figured out; you just have to fill it with your ideas.

*It's not really internet history.  We all know that.  Now, carry on.

**I learned it the hard way when I lost all of the review I had written thus far for my Universal Studios trip.  I was so frustrated that I haven't gone back to re-write it.  I'll try and get around to it soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment