Friday, October 19, 2012

Mirage Hair Studio Revisited

I'm not fond of negative reviews, and I'm not going to retract my earlier positive words about the services I received at Mirage Hair Studio.  I do feel, however, that there is an additional addendum based on my most recent experience.

I was scheduled to have a hair appointment on Tuesday, October 22.  When my trip to Florida was moved up, I called to move my appointment.  Imagine my surprise when the girl couldn't find my name anywhere.  I was not listed in appointment book.  Believing that I could have been wrong about setting the appointment, I decided to call again, after I looked for my appointment card.

Before we go any further, let me give you a bit more background information regarding my post salon experience.  The color for the highlights was amazing.  I really liked it, and it stayed nice for a while.*  I continued to wash dye out of my hair for a good four or five days.  I've had dye washing out after the job but never for that long.  I didn't really think much of it, but I did take note of it.

I saw the person that referred me to Mirage Hair Salon a couple weeks later.  I was having a stressful time that day and had my hair pulled back.  She commented that it looked like I hadn't had anything done at all.  I made mention of the amount of time dye washed out of my hair.

The lady who referred me just happened to have an appointment with the same hairdresser, so she told her all about my hair.  She told her that I didn't like it and was unhappy with it.  I appreciate that she was trying to help, but it ended up not working out for me.  The stylist asked her if she thought I would keep my appointment since I was unhappy with her work.

Fast forward about six weeks, and I am calling to find out about moving my appointment.  I went home and found my appointment card to verify that I had made the appointment.  Indeed, I did.  Now, there could have been a mistake in the books, but it seems unlikely.  When I called, there were no apologies for losing my appointment, which is what makes me feel it was intentionally removed.  I explained to the nice young lady on the phone what had happened and asked her to tell the stylist that I was quite pleased with my finished result and would have been back.

If my appointment was accidentally removed, that's just poor management.  If it was intentionally removed, that's just unprofessional.  If you don't want someone as a client, you let them know.  I understand that she had a customer tell her I was unhappy with it, but that should have been verified with me, especially when it resulted in a cancelled appointment.  I would have been livid had I showed up on Tuesday to find that they couldn't take me.

Either way, I won't be going back to Mirage Hair Studio.  While the services were a bit expensive, they were well done and very professional.  Unfortunately, the professionalism was non-existent when it came to my follow up appointment.

*Any fading was to be expected; red is a hard color to maintain.

No comments:

Post a Comment