Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Scope Outlast

You always hear about how you should brush three times a day and floss.  You don't generally hear that you need to use mouthwash.  I mean, their commercials tell you to, but it doesn't seem to be as important as the first two when you talk to the average person.*  I'm here to tell you that mouthwash is incredibly awesome and useful.

Dentally, I'm not coming from the strongest genes.  I won't go into it here, as it's none of your business.  I will say, however, that teeth in my family fare about as well as Mr. Kitty when I have the hair clippers out.**  Maybe because of the genetic blueprint we were given, my parents really pushed us to take good care of our teeth.  I'm not sure we took them as seriously as we should have.

Nowadays, I worry pretty regularly about my teeth, but I'm pretty much terrified of the dentist.  In an attempt to keep him away, I've warded the house with garlic.  Wait, that's not right.  I've taken to brushing three times daily.  I should use my water pick more often***, but it's messy.  I'm also lazy.

Recently, I've discovered Scope Outlast mouth wash and learned what it can do for me.  You want to know the first thing that attracted me to Scope Outlast?  It was the bottle; it looks like a freakin' potion bottle!  It's like using a mana pot to clean my mouth!

Aside from the cool bottle shape, Scope Outlast has a pretty good flavor and doesn't burn.  I know Listerine is supposed to burn; that means it is working.  Still, I'm not a big fan of pain; it hurts me.  Scope Outlast cleans my whole mouth with little to no pain.  My tongue does burn a bit after I spit it out, which is weird, but I can live with that.

Someday, I hope that the marketers behind mouthwash are as successful as the floss guys in making you realize how useful it is.  I have never been a huge fan, but recently, I've learned to love it.  Now, go brush your teeth, floss, and rinse with Scope Outlast!

*For this exercise, the average person is me.

**I mean they end up a bit weird looking, with normal bits missing.

***It's the water streaming thing that I prefer to use over traditional floss.  It seems whenever I use regular floss, my gums swell.  I'm probably not doing it right.  Either way, the water pick doesn't cause the same trauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment