Sunday, October 28, 2012

Disney Cupcakes

When you go on vacation to Disney, cupcakes aren't the first dessert you think of having.  When there are eight different kinds of bread pudding, rice krispie treats shaped like Disney characters, and twelve flavors of fudge, there are better choices.*  Since cupcakes are pretty standard and uninteresting, your eyes will probably pass right over them, even the ones decorated like Disney characters.**

Even though there is such a wide variety of dessert choices, give the cupcakes a shot.  As I'm not particularly wealthy or picky, I either make my own cupcakes using box mixes or I buy them at Wal-Mart.  Have you had a Wal-Mart cupcake lately?  They're really not very good.  I'm not sure what they've put into the frosting, but it stays kind of wet and sticky forever.  I remember back when frosting would dry out a bit, making it almost crunchy on the outside while retaining its soft consistency in the center.  Those were the days.
Behold the cupcake!

I am happy to report that you can still have that experience!  Disney cupcakes have that amazing frosting.  We got one from the bakery to split, and it was so great that we got another one before the end of the trip.  It actually made the trip home with me, only to be devoured.  Because they're kind of large, I didn't quite finish it.  It turns out that even though cats can't taste sweet, Mr. Kitty thought the frosting was good too.  I caught him eating it.

I know I've been so obsessed with the frosting that you might expect that the cake portion is lackluster.  Actually, it is also quite good.  It's moist, yet firm.  It doesn't crumble when you bite into it.  The cupcake holds its shape, yet tastes delicious.  I'm kind of looking forward to having another one when I convince Mark to take me back for a long weekend.

*There are also apples covered in random sweets, as well.  It's seriously mind blowing.

**Oh, and there is cotton candy!  Plus, they have random cookies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment