Friday, June 1, 2012

Edwards Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream

At this point in time, my favorite ice cream is generally some sort of chocolate and peanut butter concoction.  I have tried the peanut butter cup flavor in  most brands, but I discovered one I had not tried....the Edwards brand.

My familiarity with the Edwards brand is mainly through their frozen pies.  I know they do all sorts of dessert pies.  I've tried a few, and they were pretty good.  I wasn't sure what I was going to get with their foray into ice cream though, as I had never it for sale before, but when I found Edwards Peanut Butter Cup ice cream for around $2, I couldn't pass it up.

The ice cream was pretty smooth and creamy, with a good flavor.  There are swirls of peanut butter throughout, but they're not very well distributed.  It seemed I usually got gobs of peanut butter on occasion, without too much throughout.  The peanut butter cups, which tend to be my least favorite part of any peanut butter cup ice cream*, were very tiny with this brand.  I found them to be less annoying than in other brands, but there was much more chocolate to them than peanut butter.

Both Mark and I had some of the Edwards brand of ice cream, and we both liked it.  It was probably my favorite store bought brand.  My absolute favorite peanut butter cup inspired ice cream can be found at Cold Stone Creamery.  You have to happen upon them when they have both chocolate ice cream and peanut butter ice cream.  You order peanut butter cup perfection and have them make it with both peanut butter ice cream and chocolate ice cream.  When they do the mix ins, make sure you add extra peanut butter.  It is amazing.  If you need to grab it in store though, try the Edwards brand.  It's pretty good.

*I know it doesn't make any sense.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment