Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Amazon Shows(For Tuesday, June 19)

So, I kind of fell asleep on Tuesday and completely forgot that I hadn't submitted my review for the day.  As such, I panicked the next morning and tossed up a place holder.  See, we bought some shows on Amazon which we watched until I fell asleep.  It seems that when we need to buy a show, we often turn to Amazon.

Amazon allows you to purchase shows in HD or Retro, which ever you prefer for your pocketbook.  We usually go snobby and get HD.  What's nice is that when we randomly catch up on a show and want to see the most recent season, Amazon can often help us with that.  A show whose most recent season has just ended is often available for download via Amazon.  Granted, you're going to pay around $30 or $40 for said season, but if you don't want to wait for it to come out on DVD, it's not a bad alternative.  Additionally, you'd pay the same amount to purchase the show on DVD anyway.

Once you set up your Amazon account, you can access shows you have purchased from any computer.  If I'm going on vacation and don't want to carry my DVDs with me, I can still watch my show on the laptop in the hotel since Disney doesn't have Cartoon Network.*  Granted, most people don't go on vacation to watch tv, but its' nice to have access to your shows if you're stuck somewhere and bored.

If you're going to pay for shows digitally, Amazon is a good bet.  They're regular shopping service isn't too bad either...plenty of Dr. Who stuff!

* That's probably my biggest beef with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment