Monday, June 18, 2012

Sprite

There are certain soft drinks that are often over-looked, and Sprite seems to be one of those drinks, at least in my group.  I don't recall drinking Sprite at all through my high school or college years.  I just started drinking Sprite in the last two or three years, since moving to Myrtle Beach.

Occasionally, I will go on a kick to cut all soda out of my life.  I usually go cold turkey, with the random pop at the theater being my main hook-up.  Almost a year after moving here, Mark and I had cut out soda unless we were at the movies.  It was then that I discovered Sprite.   

We had decided staying away from caffeine would be good, as it was a painful parting previously.  Mark started ordering us Sprite.  Granted, it's not healthy, but at least I wasn't imbibing caffeine.  Sprite is actually kind of refreshing, at least when you compare it to Coke.

Since then, Coke is still my usual choice, but I find myself replacing it with Sprite more and more often.  In particular, if I am going to have something with garlic in it, I love to have Sprite as my beverage.  It just tastes good.  

We're back to trying to cut out all pop.  We haven't bought any soda for in the house in about three weeks.  I'm still having it when we go out, but we're supposed to stop going out this week.  We need to save up for a wedding we have to go to in September, so we need to stop eating out so we can afford to go.  I'm sure I'll have the occasional soda, and it may very well be a Sprite when I do.  I really enjoy Sprite with fresh lemon juice squeezed into it.  Of course, when you order that at a restaurant, they bring you water as a refill half the time.  

Either way, go have a Sprite.  

No comments:

Post a Comment