Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cinemark at Myrtle Beach

Located in the Coastal Grand Mall right here in sunny Myrtle Beach, the Cinemark theater is great.  I've talked about the Frank theater in the past; it is neat because it offers some unusual perks.  When it comes to my standard theater choice though, I head to the theater in the mall.  Why?  Because it's the best one in Myrtle Beach.  I thought that was rather apparent.

Let me tell you why it's so great...

1.  Refillable Items
     There are a lot of theaters that offer a free refill on their large Coke and popcorn.  Cinemark takes it a step further.  They offer a popcorn bucket and drink cup that are refillable for the entire year!  You pay $6 to purchase each one, and they come filled that first time.  Each time after that, you can get a refill for only $3.  Now, if you go to the theater as much as I do, that's quite a savings.  It halves our snack bill each time.

2.  Employees
     They always go on about how much customer service matters.  I guess it's important for a business to fix problems for their consumers in a quick and courteous manner.  With my theater going habits, I want more.  I want a theater that has friendly employees that don't mind chatting with me if I'm early to the film.  At this point, Mark and I have made friends with quite a few employees at the mall's theater.  There is a wonderful lady who will let us in for free.  There is another wonderful lady that has given us discounted tickets before.  Even the employees that aren't saving us money are saving our sanity.  When we went to see the Avengers, we got there at least fifteen minutes before they started seating, so we were standing out near the podium where they tear your tickets.  They young man in charge of the podium that night spent the whole time discussing comic book movies with us.  It was really fun.  There are people at the snack bar that recognize us.  There is a guy that works there that looks like a young version of my friend Rick!  I've told him that multiple times.*

3.  Projection
     The shows are usually projected with little to no incident.  When there have been problems, they've either refunded our tickets or fixed it immediately.  It's actually been quite a while since I've had a screening not be on point.

4.  Special Shows
     This particular theater had a decent number of special shows.  In the past, they've shown classic movies like Casablanca.  I went to a live Rifftrax event, which was awesome.  I would love to go to another one.  If you're into that kind of thing, they regularly show different operas.  Last year, when the final Harry Potter movie was coming out, they had a special showing.  They screened the first part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, followed by the final installment at midnight.  It was one of the best experiences I've had in a theater.  Between shows, Mark left to visit Burger King.  He smuggled in a bunch of burgers which we gave out to those around us.  Now, I get to look forward to seeing all three Batman films on the big screen next month.  On Thursday, July 19th, the Cinemark theater in the mall is having a marathon!  I picked up my tickets today, and I love that they do these things.  I know other theaters will do marathon showings, but these guys do it best.

If you're in Myrtle Beach and want to see a movie, give the theater in the mall a try.  Some people complain that there are a lot of kids there, but if they're there, they've never made themselves known.  I've seen a lot of films there, and it's my favorite theater.

*He may be creeped out by it, but he's never sent the security guard after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment