Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Star Wars That I Used To Know

From my posts, you might begin to think that I have an unhealthy obsession with Star Wars and what George Lucas has done.  That's not the case, but tonight, Reddit led me to yet another Star Wars focused video that I found quite funny, and I think you should watch it, if you know and like Star Wars.

Harkening back to Weird Al, I've always been a fan of parodies.  Before Episode I, when Weird Al did the Saga Begins, I couldn't get enough of it.  I'll occasionally put on Weird Al just because I find his music fun.  Even when I'm not familiar with the original song, I still enjoy what he does.  It's the same with this video.  I am not that familiar with the original song, Somebody That I Used to Know.  I have a passing familiarity with the tune, but I don't think I had ever heard the whole song.  I forced myself to sit through the video to have a better grasp of the parody I was about to see.

The parody video has good production quality and nice vocals too.  I'm not actually sure what makes a successful parody; I think only Weird Al has that information.  That being said, the gentlemen behind this video may have gotten a peek at Al's notes.

Tonight's entry is short and sweet because I just don't have much to say.  The video is entertaining but not laugh out loud funny.  The production values are very good, and I knew what they were singing about, so I felt included.  There isn't much more that I need for a parody video, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment