Monday, June 11, 2012

Netflix Streaming Service

In a perfect world, I would be able to pay one lump sum to have all movies and television shows available for me to stream.  The lump sum would not be ridiculous, and I would be able to get rid of certain services.  If I want to watch pretty much all shows and movies,* I need to have cable with a DVR.  I need to subscribe to HBO, so I can have HBO Go.  Additionally, I need Hulu and Netflix.  Even with all of that, I still have to buy certain shows through places like amazon.  Until I can have my perfect world, I'll stick with cable, HBO, and Netflix.

Netflix provides a streaming service that works quite well.  They regularly add in new shows and movies, keeping their options fresh.  Additionally, you can find odd movies available on there that may not get released to regular television or even HBO.  For example, I watched Trollhunter on Netflix, and it was glorious.

Netflix also has a good library of shows.  They have a habit of not adding a show until I've bought the first season or two, but they at least save me from buying all of it.  For example, you can see How I Met Your Mother and Supernatural right now, if you have Netflix!  That's hours upon hours upon hours of entertainment.  

Do you like anime?  If so, Netflix continues to be the place for you.  Back when Mark and I watched a lot of anime, you bought one disc with maybe four or five episodes for $27.99 at Media Play in Erie.  Now, I can watch whole seasons for a monthly payment.

If you're looking for a streaming service, Netflix is pretty good.  I know there are less legal ways to obtain shows, but I'm lawful good.  Until I have an alignment change, I'll stick with the streaming service that Netflix offers.

*Legally

No comments:

Post a Comment