Monday, June 25, 2012

The Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Video (For Sunday, June 24th - I fell asleep..so sue me!)

Disney is expensive.  People save and save and save to visit.  Some do it because society tells them it's cool.  Others visit because of nostalgia or brain washing.*  Still others are just looking for some place to vacation.  Disney goes out of their way to make it easy to plan a trip.  From the toll free number to their website, you can set up a reservation in multiple ways.  To help ease you into the Disney resorts, Disney offers a free vacation planning DVD.  You can order it on the website, and they'll ship it right to you, all at no cost.  Frankly, the cost of a DVD is pretty negligible when you look at the cost  of a Disney vacation.

Now, I'm not knocking Disney.**  Disney is my chosen home away from home.  I'm happiest when I have a trip to look forward to, regardless of how short it may be.  One of the ways I get a temporary fix is to pop in my vacation planning DVD.  

If you're new to Disney, the free DVD will give you a broad overview of the parks, as well as the hotels.  They spend time talking about a nice cross-section of rides, attempting to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.  The production values are quite good, and the DVDs menus are easy to navigate.  The assorted hosts can become annoying at times, but that may not be the case for someone who is actually new to Disney.  I find the hosts to be superfluous because I already know more about Disney than they're telling me.  

For years, my family has had the vacation planning DVDs.  Before that, we ordered the vacation planning VHS tapes.  We actually had multiple ones, as they put out a new one each year.  It may not be altered much, but there are little differences.  When we had trips coming up, we would rotate between watching the free trip planning media from Disney and our own vacation videos.

While I don't have much use for the Disney Vacation planning DVD, I can see the value for someone that hasn't been before or hasn't been in a long time.  The're pretty good about showing you what's new around the parks.  If you go all the time, you don't really need the DVD, but it's still fun to have.

*I'm pretty sure I was brain washed.  My love for the Disney resort is borderline unhealthy.  Ryan suffers from the same problem, so I'm gonna blame my parents.  :P

**If I try to say or think negative things about Disney, I experience an electrical shock.  I still haven't figured out where it's coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment