Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What if Star Wars: Episode 1 Were Good? - A Youtube Video by Belated Media

As I have previously mentioned, I spend a decent amount of time on Reddit.  It is kind enough to show me some really interesting/neat/heartwarming things on the internet.*  Once again, Reddit has come through, directing me to this video by Belated Media.  Found here, it is twelve minutes of awesome.  He essentially explains the necessary tweaks to make the first prequel into a solid film.

I know I try to make most of my reviews a few paragraphs long, but there isn't much to say about this.  I don't usually watch video links on Reddit**, but I went out on a limb and watched this one.  It was well worth it.  I'm going to check out more of his reviews later because he makes some very good points in this video.

The production values are pretty good.  The video is him in front of clips from the movie, which are chosen to back up what he's saying.  It flows very well.  In addition to the good visual quality, the sound is well done too.

Perhaps the most important thing I should cover is his actual content.  To put it simply, it's brilliant.  I'm a huge fan of Red Letter Media.  This gentleman is like shorter bits of that mixed with his opinion on exactly how the problems could have been fixed.  It actually made sad because it is a shame that such an opportunity was missed.

If you have twelve minutes to spare, give this video a shot.  It's insightful and kind of funny.  The star knows what he's talking about.

*Of course, it also shows me some of the most horrific/stupid/disturbing things on the internet, as well.

**Ain't no one got time for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment