Wednesday, November 28, 2012

ThinkGeek

We are fast approaching the Christmas holiday.  For me, that means I am doing a lot of shopping online.  Don't get me wrong; I love to visit the stores near Christmas.  It's one of those things I do even when I'm pretty much done shopping.  I guess you could say it's tradition.  Either way, a lot of my shopping is done online.  I shop for some rather geeky people, and Mark does too.  He turned me on to a new website called Thinkgeek.

Littered with all manner of neat products, Thinkgeek is a great website.  It is nicely organized, making it easy to navigate.  You can shop by property or category.  I can look at kitchen gadgets, or I can specifically check out Doctor Who merchandise.*  My uncle would be ecstatic, as they have a great deal of Star Trek gifts.  For the Star Wars fan out there, you're covered too; they sell a Wampa dismembered hand ice scraper.

The only possible downside to the site is the price.  These relatively unique gifts are not cheap.  They don't seem to be any more expensive than sites like Amazon, which is nice.  They do have certain items on sale, making them a bit more affordable.  They also run specials, such as free shipping on orders over $25.

Their customer service is also quite good.  Mark had ordered an item from them, which ended up being out of stock.  They substituted an item that was three times as expensive and still issued him a full refund, so he could order an alternate gift.  That's pretty awesome.

If you have someone in your life that falls into the nerd category, you really should check out Thinkgeek.**  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go lose at least half an hour browsing the site.

*Yes, they have Doctor Who stuff.  Jackpot.

**I am in no way disparaging geeks/nerds/etc.  My husband shops on there for me, and I am going to shop for my loved ones on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment