Friday, November 16, 2012

Disney Surveys

If you wander out into the world, the chances are that someone will ask you to do a survey.  Bought a shirt at JCP?  Don't worry; there's a survey on the receipt.  Ate at Red Robin?  There's a survey on the receipt.  Surveys can be powerful tools, even though they might not be the most accurate way to read public opinion. I have taken my fair share of surveys, but I enjoy the Disney ones the most.*

If you've ever been to a Disney park, you've probably seen certain cast-members standing around with white clipboard type computers.  I'm not sure what criteria they work from, but they will choose different people to ask if they can send them a survey.  If you agree, they get the basic information from you and send you along.  

After you arrive home, you'll get an email with a link to the survey.  There are different surveys, focusing on different things.  Obviously, they tweak the questions to look for responses to new experiences or maybe under-used attractions.  I think every survey I have taken has included a question or two about La Nouba.**  One time, I was offered a survey from the Disney hotel I stayed at, even though I never opted in for one.  Don't get me wrong; I'm glad they included me.  That particular one had questions about the resort, including the food court.  I imagine those responses help to shape any changes to the dining areas.

The surveys are pretty user friendly.  The questions are simple,and they offer a sliding scale for your answers.  Sometimes, they'll ask you to type out a response explaining why you chose the rating you did.  I'm not sure if anyone actually reads them or cares, but it's fun to do.  While you can save and continue later, it's better to just have some time to sit and take it all at once.  They can get long.

Mark has taken one other type of survey at Disney, where they actually had him sit down in the park and complete one that took about twenty minutes.  It was really neat, and you felt special doing it.***  Once again, there is no reward for participating, but we still like doing it.

If you visit Disney and the ask you about taking a survey, do it!  It won't take long, and most of the time, you get it after the fact, via email.  I just like being involved in anything Disney as often as possible.

*It's kind of odd when you consider that they don't even offer you anything.  Many restaurants offer you a free appetizer or a couple dollars off your next meal.  Some stores offer to enter you in a drawing.  Disney doesn't offer anything, but that's because they don't have to.

**It's a Cirque Du Soleil show at Downtown Disney.  I've never seen it, and Mark openly mocks it.

***I'm sure we weren't that special, but she did say that they only let so many people a day do that one.  I think we get picked for these things because Mark is so open and friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment