Saturday, November 24, 2012

Jinx Customer Service

I love online shopping.  I spent three hours on Thanksgiving morning shopping in my pajamas.  It was awesome.  Since there were no big ticket items I was after, I got the smaller gifts I wanted without fighting the hordes of shoppers.*  Being able to buy stuff online and have it shipped right to your house is great.  In all of my online shopping, I have only had two problems.  The first was when Sam's Club shipped Mark's Kuerig, which was his nice Christmas gift, to me without having it in a bigger box to hide what it was.  The second problem, and the catalyst for this review, had to do with an order I placed over a month ago at Jinx.

Since I wasn't going to see him on his actual birthday, I celebrated my father's birth when I went to Disney to see him and my mother.  This, of course, meant I did quite a bit of online shopping for him.  Since they had to fly, I figured t-shirts were a good gift, one that could easily go on the plane.  While Jinx, a store for the nerd in all of us, isn't the type of site I would usually shop for my father on, I did find a shirt that was right up his alley.**  It was the second week of October, and I knew it would be close.  Based on the shipping time frame they gave me, there was a good chance I would have his gift before I left to meet them.

I continually checked the mail, but alas...the shirt did not arrive.  Mark didn't follow me to Florida for another three days, so I figured it would at least arrive before  he came.  Once again, no luck.  Upon our return to South Carolina, we checked the mail, expecting to find the package.***  Still, it had not arrived.

Finally, after another week of waiting, I stopped being lazy and found the confirmation email.  It had a tracking number!  Hooray!  According to the tracking information, the package was checked in here  by the USPS well over two weeks ago.  It should have been delivered, but it just kind of disappeared.

Since I had ordered it using Mark's account, I had him start by calling the post office.  Apparently, it was hard to reach anyone of any quality, so he also called Jinx.  We figured since it showed the post office accepting the package, they would be the ones who would have to help us.  When Mark explained to Jinx what had happened, they said they would send us another package.  It was so incredibly helpful, as well as surprising.  It's not often that faceless business' just take responsibility for a situation and right it.  I am mightily impressed with how Jinx handled the situation.

I've had a soft spot for Jinx since they started carrying World of Warcraft merchandise.  They continue to further impress me by taking great care of their customers.  Without any hesitation, they made right what the post office made wrong.  I will continue to shop at Jinx, and you should too.

*Oh my goodness.  I just realized that I could use Black Friday as training for the zombie apocalypse.  I had to go find Mark so I could discuss this.  Now, I am sad I missed out on it.'

**He doesn't read these reviews, but I'm not going to chance it.  As such, I won't be revealing what was on the t-shirt, as that is what makes it neat.

***While not important, there was also a small gift for Mark included.  If I go away without him, I leave him a gift each day.  It makes him happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment