Friday, November 23, 2012

Sam's Club's Artisan Tomato Basil Soup

Growing up, I thought there was one tomato soup...Campbell's.  Once I grew up*, I realized there were a great deal of other tomato soups.  Sam's Club offers up their Artisan tomato basil soup.

Sold in a two pack, their tomato basil soup is probably good.  It's a bit sweeter than your average tomato soup, but it has a great consistency.  As with most prepared soups,  you can reheat it in the oven or on the stove-top.  From packaging to ease, this Artisan soup is great.

Mainly, you have to make sure you know what kind of soup you're getting into when you open up the tomato basil soup.  We served it up with toasted cheese sandwiches, and it was not overly complementary.  If you plan on eating this soup, it would be better served with some fresh baked bread.  I would probably toss some croutons in the soup with a bit of cheese.

I bought it the Artisan soup because I had a $2 off eValue.  If I get one again, I'll probably pick it up again in the future.  Otherwise, I'm going to stick with the basic Campbell's tomato soup.  It was good, but if I'm eating tomato soup, I like it to pair well with toasted cheese sandwiches.

*Yeah, I'm not really grown up yet.  I say that more to let you know that time passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment