Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cella's Cherries

I have talked about Yester-Holly before.  She remembers certain things as being awesome, but when I try them again, I find out that Yester-Holly is a liar.  Luckily, Yester-Holly wasn't lying about those.

When I was in high school, a lot of gas stations would sell individual Cella's cherries for a quarter.  We didn't have a ton of money, but mom could spare a quarter.  When her and I would be out and about, if some place had Cella cherries for sale individually, we each got one.  It's a great memory.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with them, Cella's cherries are chocolate covered cherries.  While the majority of chocolate covered cherries have a creme center, Cella's cherries have a liquid center.  I have seen them made with dark chocolate, but they are usually milk chocolate.  The wrapper is red with gold writing, and I only ever see them at Christmas and Valentine's Day.  

Cella's cherries are amazing.  I don't usually eat cherries.  They are not among my favorite fruits.  However, if they're encased in liquid and covered in chocolate, they're a fine treat.  I haven't had them in months, but Christmas is around the corner.  This means they're on sale at Wal-Mart.  If you've never tried one, you should.  If you don't like them, you can send them to me!

I am proud that I only bought one package.  I'm ashamed that I displayed food aggression when Mark ate one.  They're that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment