Friday, November 30, 2012

Gain

Does anyone actually use powdered laundry detergent any more?  Mark brought a couple of sample boxes home a couple years ago, and I just threw them in the closet, never expecting to use them.  Fast forward a bit, and we bought some Vibrams.*  Imagine my shock when I found out that you are supposed to wash them with powdered detergent.  After going through the samples we had, I had to buy an actual box of the stuff.

I went to Wal-Mart, and I spent a great deal of time staring at all the choices.  After spending some time on Google, I made a decision.  I picked up a box of Gain.  According to the internet, where everything they say is true, Gain was a solid choice.

Now, I've washed our Vibrams a few times with Gain, but I can only compare this powerered detergent with the one we had in the sample boxes.  I think they were a generic brand.  They did the job just fine, but they were nothing special.

Gain seems to have a really nice scent; it's not as good as the Tide original scent.  I forgive them that, as cleaning our Vibrams is not an easy job.**  They came clean, which is the most important thing.

I can't imagine using powdered detergent to wash my clothes.  I don't know why, but it just seems weird.  I know it doesn't always disperse correctly.  Gain is solid though.  If I'm out of Tide, I'll use it.

*On a side note, we love them.

**They can get stinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment