Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Walt Disney World Customer Service (Phone)

Hi.  My name is Holly, and I'm a Disney addict.  As such, when the opportunity presents itself, I will escape to Disney.  Imagine my thought process when I realized I would be attending a wedding in Miami, Florida.  For those of you unfamiliar with the geography, Orlando is between Myrtle Beach and Miami.  This translates into a perfect opportunity for a weekend getaway for Mark and I.

After I wandered around on the website, checking out deals and prices, we finally decided to call 407-WDisney to make a room reservation.  We called from the car because we figured it would be best if we could both talk to the cast-member.  When you first connect, you have to interact with an automated system.  I really don't like having to do that.  It's one thing when you have to hit a couple numbers to direct your call, but it's quite annoying to have to say and spell your name.  You also have to give parts of your address.  I was very impressed with how the system was able to understand Mark's answers.  It understood his name when he spelled it, which was surprising.

We were on hold for a few minutes, but before too long, Sweetie* answered our call.  On a side note, I like being on hold when I call Disney because I get to listen to Disney music.  It makes me happy.**  Luckily, Sweetie kept up the good vibes by being incredibly friendly and knowledgable.  She was able to answer all of my questions, and she helped us make the best decision regarding package versus room only reservations.  She was able to tell us a few things we needed to check out at our resort of choice, and it's nice when you feel like the person you're speaking to knows what they're talking about.

I know I spoke very highly of the phone center contacts at Universal a short while ago.  I'm happy to report that Sweetie was on par, if not better than, the Universal rep.  That's high praise after how great the Universal girl was at her job.  The only other thing I could have asked for was for her to have the ability to look into dining reservations, but I imagine they can't know everything.

*I'm not even making that up.  Frankly, it was a very well suited name for her.  She was indeed sweet.

**I told you I had a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment