Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dressbarn

About a year ago, I decided to try and dress fancier for work.  This led me to the Dressbarn, a very  nice clothing store with a very unfortunate name.*  I had heard good things about them from my boss, and I was trying to improve my work wardrobe.  It turns out that they have a nice selection of both casual and work minded clothing.

I have visited two locations.  One store is located in our Coastal Grand Mall, here in Myrtle Beach.  The other store I was in was in the Tanger Outlets on 17.  Both stores are set up similarly, with the left hand side of the store for your more standard sizes, and the right hand side for the voluptuous among us.  That right there is a genius move.  You're not wandering around, wondering if you're in the wrong place.  I'm always afraid to be browsing in a department with clothes that won't fit me.  My greatest fear is to accidentally wander into the maternity section!**

The clothes are a variety of styles and colors.  There is really something for everyone there.  In the fall, they even have some jackets.  Apparently, there is a line of swimwear, but it's not available in the stores I frequent.

Dressbarn can be a little pricey, but fortunately, they have frequent sales.  For example, I bought a couple dresses at half off, followed by an additional 25% off.  There was no gimmick.  Just buy off the one rack and save a bundle.  

I now own around seven or eight dresses, and they've all worn well.  I can throw all of them in the washer and most in the dryer.  I've picked up some tops, as well; they're wash and wear.  The most difficult item to care for is a pair of awesome pants I bought that have a sheer pant over a solid, and I just have to hand wash those.  The clothes don't seem to shrink and stand up well.  The only item I have that hasn't lasted is a pair of shorts that wore out near the one belt loop.  I'm only upset about it because I really liked them; they fit well.  I got them on clearance last year, so they've been worn a lot.

Dressbarn also stands above other similar stores because the employees are incredibly helpful.  Of course, not all employees are amazing, but when you find good ones, it is a pleasure to shop there.  On my first visit, the girl helped me find multiple items that she thought would look good on me.  She had a great eye and became one of my favorite reasons to go to Dressbarn.  At the time, she was at the shop in the mall.  She disappeared a while ago; I recently re-discovered her working at the outlet location.  As such, that's my new favorite location.  She always asks me about Mark if he isn't with me, and she continues to help me find awesome outfits.

I did have a negative experience at the mall location the other day.  Someone had put three different sizes of a particular dress on the sale rack.  I took one to try on then took another that was a different size.  When I went to pay, they informed me that all of the items were put away on the wrong rack.  They acknowledged that the entire stock of that dress was on that sale rack, but they wouldn't honor the sale.  I understand why, but it felt like less than stellar customer service.  I'll be shopping at the outlet location from now on.  

Don't be turned off by the name.  If you're looking for some nice clothes, wander around Dressbarn.  Most likely, one of the very nice employees will even offer to start you a room if you have items you're carrying around.  The clothes stand up well to constant wear and are easy to care for.  Your value increases even more when you buy stuff on sale.

*Seriously, who wants to shop in a barn??  I like barns, but that's where I go to see tasty animals.

**That stuff's contagious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment