Sunday, July 29, 2012

Glad Forceflex Odor Shield Trash Bags

For the last few years, we have strictly used the generic Sam's Club black garbage bags.  You know the ones...they're big enough to fit a pony in, saddle and all.  The last time we bought garbage bags, we decided to try something new.  We had an e-value for the Glad Forceflex Odor Shield Trash Bags, so we went ahead and bought a box.*

After using them for the last couple of weeks, I feel I'm qualified to talk about them.

  1. They're small.  Well, they're not really small.  They're bags designed to fit in our garbage can.  Our old bags were so huge that we tended to keep shoving garbage in the can.  It's funny; garbage is able to climb walls!  We would pull the bag out, full of trash, and then be able to add more.  With the new bags, we can't do that, and that's a good thing.  We are taking the garbage out more regularly.  This keeps our house tidier.  It also means we aren't carrying down garbage bags that weigh a ton.  At the same time, it means that if I clean out the pantry, I have to use a couple bags, rather than the one we used to use.  Of course, this is a just a size issue, not an actual complaint about the bags.
  2. They're durable.  When we first got these bags, we were treating them like our old bags, the huge ones.  This meant that we would just keep cramming things into them.  They have yet to break on us.  That's pretty impressive.
  3. The necks are weak.  As is to be expected, the weakest part of the bag is where the drawstring is placed.  The necks stretch in a way that makes me worry about the bags breaking.  So far, they haven't broken.
  4. They smell pretty.  I don't know if they really reduce the garbage's scent, but they do smell pleasant on their own.
  5. The drawstrings are skinny.  They cut into your hand, if the bag happens to be on the heavier side.
All in all, I'm content with these garbage bags.  The lazy in me wants to go back to the huge bags, hence requiring fewer trips to the dumpster.  Since I make Mark carry them down, the extra trips don't really have an impact on me.**  I have plenty of time to decide if I want to buy them again in the future.  Right now, I'd say it's probably a good idea to stick with them.  As long as we take the garbage out on a regular basis, these bags are amazing.


*As it was a Sam's Club box, there are 120 bags in total.

**It just requires extra harping on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment