Tuesday, July 3, 2012

meghantonjes's channel

I know that lots of people blog and video blog and do fun activities where they use the internet to share their weirdness or awesomeness.  I know that my daily review blog is one of thousands.  If you're just counting it as a blog, it's one of millions.  I talk about something that I like or don't like each day.  It's nothing special.  You know what's special?  This girl!

If you don't feel like watching the link, let me tell you what it is about.  A heavy girl addresses some fat hate she has received in youtube comments.  She does a video blog, and apparently, some people were judging her for how she looks.  Frankly, her response is pretty amazing.  I, like probably everyone, stuggle with how I look.  I don't usually verbalize it; it's an internal bashing.  What's amazing was listening to this girl just destroy her detractors.  It made me feel better, and I didn't even do anything!

If you watched that video and are curious, you can actually visit her youtube channel.  I haven't had time to watch any of the other videos yet, but I'll be checking them out.  It looks like there is a chronicle of a weight loss challenge she was/is participating in.

How you look doesn't make you who you are.  I appreciate that she is proud of who she is, and I like what she had to say.  Check her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment