Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Watch

Because of the IT Crowd, I am a fan of Richard Ayoade.  Imagine how excited I was to see that he was one of the four main cast in the Watch.  Then, imagine my disappointment when I actually saw the movie, and all the potential for amazing comedy was not lived up to.  

The Watch does a few things right.  There are moments that are quite humorous, but what do you expect when you put the four leads together?  All four of them are generally regarded as funny.  I like Vince Vaugh and am constantly becoming more and more impressed with Jonah Hill.  There isn't a whole lot asked of our four leads in the Watch, but with better material, I'm sure they could have delivered.  Unfortunately, what humorous material the film does have has already been displayed in the trailers.

The special effects are middle of the road, what you would expect from a movie like this one.  While the CG isn't amazing, it isn't terrible either.  The practical effects and explosions are pretty good.

Frankly, this is a hard review to write.  The movie isn't good; the movie isn't bad.  It's very middle of the road.  I expect I'll forget all about it in a couple of days.  It did have pretty good music though.

No comments:

Post a Comment