Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Adventure Time

There are certain movies and television shows that I get really excited when I notice that they're on.  If I see that Avatar is on, I will almost always put it on.  It's not that I think it's a great movie, but it is good background noise.  If the Lord of the Rings trilogy is on, I have to watch it.  It's an excellent trio of films.  Game of Thrones is another amazing show that I am compelled to watch.  Today, I was flipping channels and discovered that Adventure Time was on; it's another one of those shows that I have to watch.

Adventure Time is an animated series on Cartoon Network that chronicles the adventures of Finn, a human, and Jake, his friend the stretchy dog, as they attempt to become heroes.  The animation style is very bright and whimsical, with appropriate atmosphere when called for.  I just watched a zombie episode, and it was great.

As with a great many pieces of entertainment that I enjoy, Adventure Time makes reference to pop culture.  The zombie episode I just watched had a line from Army of Darkness in it.  The show seems like it would be okay for kids while still entertaining to me.  The episode I am now watching just referenced werewolf rules.  Each episode is littered with references and ideas that I find fascinating and/or humorous.

If you want something to watch that is entertaining but not demanding, try watching Adventure Time.  It's possible your kids are already watching it, and it is a kid's cartoon that isn't annoying for adults.  Heck, they've even won an Emmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment