Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wahl Hair Clippers

I'm not a fancy lady.  I don't wear make-up, and I don't know if what I do to my hair counts as styling.  It seems, however, that I am able to handle a set of Wahl hair clippers when Mark needs a cut.*

At least six years ago**, we decided that it was silly for Mark to get his hair cut at a salon/barber shop.  When we first met, it made sense.  I think his mom had been cutting his hair, and when she moved, I wasn't brave enough to do it.  See, he kept it kinda long; it was very early 90's/late 80's.***  When we realized a shorter hair cut was more flattering, we decided to pick up a set of Wahl clippers.

I grew up in a house where all three of the guys would get their hair buzzed.  I remember them doing it outside in the summer months.  It was funny because they usually all had it done around the same time, especially before vacation.  As such, the sound of the clippers reminds me of home.****

With some trepidation, I started cutting Mark's hair for him.  The Wahl clippers make it exceedingly easy.  It comes with a multitude of plastic guides that allow you to cut the hair to the desired length.  For example, we usually you the number two or three when cutting Mark's hair, as well as the two ends that are to be used around the ears.

Our clippers are over six years old, and we've never had a problem with them.  At one point in time, they started pulling when used.  All I had to do was oil the blade, and they were back to perfect working condition.  Maybe it sounds difficult, but oiling the blade was very simple.  The oil was even included in the kit.

I'm sure many of you already have hair clippers, but if you do not and want to save some money, pick up a set from your local Wal-Mart or Target, whichever suits you.  It's nigh impossible to mess up a haircut using the Wahl clippers.*****  Besides, anything you do will grow back eventually.******

*Except for that one time.

**Maybe even longer ago...

***Imagine a nerdier version of that blond kid from Saved by the Bell.  I never watched that show, and I refuse to go look up his name.  I'm going to guess it was Zack or something of the sort.

****I know it's weird; don't judge me.

*****It really wasn't my fault that Mark's cut got messed up today.

******Maybe Mark shouldn't have left the number one guide on the clippers.  Who would expect that he used them to trim his beard.  He has a beard trimmer for that.  I can't be held responsible for using the piece that was left on the clippers last time; I figured it was the one we always use.

No comments:

Post a Comment