Monday, July 9, 2012

Indo

Periodically, Mark finds himself craving Thai food.  This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that I just haven't had a good experience with Thai food yet.  When Mark started asking for Thai, we decided to go try Indo, which has Thai, sushi, and hibachi meals.  I like hibachi, so I figured we would both be able to find something palatable.

I don't know or understand what Mark got, so this review will mainly follow my food adventure.  I suppose I should start with the setting.  Indo is located near the Lowe's food center in the Grand Dunes area of Myrtle Beach.  The restaurant is round on one side, which gives it a neat appearance.  The colors are appropriate, a tan and black motif.  The artwork is generic but fitting.  The incredibly nice employees wear black, which looks quite professional, and there is a nice bar for both sushi and beverages.  The restaurant was quite dim, and the music was a bit unusual for the setting.  If we had been eating in, I'm not sure if the setting would have bothered me more.  It was quite warm in the restaurant.

I ordered a hibachi meal of chicken and steak, with the steak well done.  My meal came with hibachi rice and soup or salad.  To be on the safe side, I went with a salad with ranch dressing.  For both our meals and the appetizer Mark ordered, the total was around $40.  This is a nicer restaurant with prices that reflect that.

We took our food home so we could watch Justified while we ate.  My rice was actually really good.  It had amazing flavor.  There was egg in the rice, which I don't really care for.  I picked it out, but the extra work didn't make the rice any less tasty.  My steak and chicken seemed a bit overdone, but that might have only been because we took our meals to go.  They say the meat keeps cooking for a bit.  The salad was pretty typical, but the ranch dressing was really good.  Frankly, if a salad doesn't have cheese on it, I'm a bit sad.  This salad made me melancholy.

Indo was actually pretty good.  If it were a bit less expensive, I would probably go back more often.  If I'm going to spend that kind of money, though, I'll visit Miyabi.  We'll probably end up at Indo when Mark has a hankering for Thai food; he said his meal was alright.  He says that about most Thai food though.

No comments:

Post a Comment