Sunday, April 15, 2012

Waterpik Water Flosser

I've never been that great at taking care of my teeth.  I've always brushed but not always often enough.  I've flossed but rarely.  I use mouth wash a bit more than I've flossed but still not enough.  For the past month and a half, I've solved the brushing problem, cleaning up my pearly whites three times a day.  I bought mouthwash today, so that shouldn't be a problem from now on.  The only problem left is flossing, and I think I solved that problem today when I purchased a Waterpik Water Flosser.

For around $36 at Wal-Mart, I purchased a good alternative to floss.  Flossing is difficult and messy.  It's incredibly difficult to floss between the back teeth.  While the front teeth are much easier to floss between, flossing can be very painful.  I imagine if one does it regularly, it isn't so bad, but I won't be finding out anytime soon.

My water flosser allows me to easily floss between all of my teeth easily through a small stream of pressurized water.  All you do is pick the correct tip and place it at the spaces between teeth.  It's that easy, and it appears to work just as well as flossing.  I actually used a few pieces of regular floss to see if there were any particles the water flosser missed; there were none visible.

While the water flosser is extremely easy to use, it is very messy.  Because the water is pushed out under pressure, it ricochets off your teeth.  The instructions warn you to keep your mouth closed enough to prevent the spray from escaping while leaving enough space for the water to still exit.  I still haven't figured out the perfect way to do it, but I'm not giving up.  The water flosser is too convenient.

Hate flossing?  Pick up a Waterpik Water Flosser.  It makes flossing quick, easy, and painless.  Just be prepared to clean water off of the mirror and counter until you get the mouth open/closed thing right.

1 comment:

  1. It's an easy and effective way to refresh your mouth and get your teeth and gums clean.

    Professional Rechargeable Oral Irrigator

    ReplyDelete