Monday, April 9, 2012

The Tervis Tumbler (Now With More Fish)

Living in Myrtle Beach, I'm never sure when something is a tourist item versus something that is actually useful.  I've seen the Tervis Tumblers around, but I never had any interest in owning one.  They actually have their own store at Broadway at the Beach, which is full of the cups with a myriad of images.  It just so happens that yesterday, we picked up the half iced tea/half lemonade pods for the Keurig.  When making these particular ones, you have to have a plastic cup.  As I don't care for plastic, we don't really have any.  This, of course, led us to the Tervis Tumbler store.

The shelves were lined with cups bearing team insignias, popular characters, and beach themed items.  The store isn't very large, but we walked around twice before Mark made his decision.  He was going to purchase one of the basic sixteen ounce tumblers.  He couldn't decide between the sea turtle and the crab when he noticed one that was a couple dollars more that also came with an orange lid.  The clear cup had images of gold fish, with blue stones at the bottom.  This effect is like a fishbowl, and it's very cute.  While it was more than I would generally spend on a cup, but it was almost Easter and Mark deserved something nice.

Mark has been using it pretty much since bringing it home, and he loves it.  It doesn't sweat.  No more rings on my table top!  Supposedly, it keeps hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold.  I don't know if it really does that any better than any other cup, but I haven't seen it proved wrong yet.

All in all, the Tervis Tumblers are nice.  I'm glad we got Mark one, and I would repeat the action.  I wouldn't buy a ton of them, as they are expensive, but one is a nice treat.

*This is actually my Easter post, but I fell asleep before writing the last two paragraphs last night.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment