Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Swedish Fish

I'm not much of a candy person.  I don't dislike chocolate or other sweets, but I don't regularly crave them either.  The other day, when we went to the movies, some Swedish Fish snuck in.  To punish them, I consumed them; no candy should sneak into the theater.  My vengeance was swift...and tasty.  Swedish Fish are amazing.

The problem with Swedish Fish nowadays is that they can be hard to find.  While most stores have them in small packages, I am searching for the big box of the small red fish.  Over ten years ago, we would find them on occasion.  Sometimes, Wal-Mart had them; other times, Sam's Club was kind enough to carry them.  Now, I can only find individual servings in movie theater style boxes or bags of the larger size fish.

The ideal Swedish Fish are red.  They are also the smaller size.  The large size is acceptable, but it can be too gummy.  The small ones have a better texture, with less of a stick-to-your-teeth gummy feel.  For now, I have purchased an eight ounce bag of the bigger fish, but I am pining for the tiny ones.

I will continue my quest for the best fish, the tiny red fish.  I will continue to punish them for sneaking into the movies, as well.  When I am successful in my quest, I will let you know where you can find them too.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps this is where the fish lives:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cadbury-Adams-Swedish-Fish-Grab-And-Go-Candy-Snacks-240ct/15686246

    ReplyDelete