Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cinemablend

I've been visiting the Cinemablend website for a long time.  I recall when it was referred to as filmhobbit.com.  My internet viewing habits have changed, but Cinemablend is the one website that I still check multiple times in a day.  I look at it more than any other website, and I have been consistently consulting longer than any other site I currently use.  I've used IMDB.com longer, but I don't check it multiple times a day.

Cinemablend serves as a wonderful source for movie news, as well as TV information and some game stories.  The site updates constantly, so you are usually guaranteed new headlines each time you check into the site.  Additionally, the site provides content that is above and beyond news stories.  There are often list like articles, generated based on new movies that have come out, even if the article isn't about that movie.  It is fun to see these articles that spring from a love of movies and discussing them.

The website also provides reviews for current movies.  While I don't agree with some of the reviewers, it is nice to be able to consult their opinions and then formulate your own.  While he doesn't seem to provide as much content on Cinemablend as he once did, I have always been a fan of Head Honcho Josh Tyler.  I believe it is because he is busy with GiantFreakinRobot.com, which is another incredible website.

The site also has weekly columns that discuss various movie related items.  One of their most useful columns examines the effectiveness and quality of the 3D in current movies.  I'm not a big fan of 3D, so I usually only see a film in 3D if it gets a ridiculously high score from Cinemablend.

As I am trying not to go into movies with pre-conceived notions, I have stopped reading the reviews on Cinemablend.  I only read them after I have seen the movies, and they are often similar to my own thoughts.  I appreciate when we have differences though, especially when the authors have supported their opinions.

There is one individual that I do not care to follow.  I usually disagree with this person's reviews and opinions.  I also think said writer doesn't always understand the material.  That's just my opinion though, and I would never let that keep me from visiting Cinemablend.

If you are interested in film, start checking out Cinemablend.  You'll learn about all sorts of upcoming movies.  That was the first place I heard about them making a Hunger Games movie, and they were talking about it before the casting was even complete.  Because of that, I had the opportunity to read those books well before the film's premiere.  I would not have picked up those novels otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment