Monday, April 9, 2012

Hormel Italian Style Chicken Breasts

I wasn't sure if I should be reviewing my newly renovated Target or the contents found with-in.  I've settled on the Hormel Italian Style Chicken breasts that I picked up there on Saturday.  For those of you not in the know, the Target right here in Myrtle Beach has been recently remodeled to include a greater grocery selection.  In addition to an expanded selection of dry goods, Target is now offering meats and fresh produce.  It's not a huge selection, but it is a nice one.  Target, to attract new customers, sent out a coupon packet that included a coupon for a free two liter of Coke.  Inside the packet were additional coupons that influenced our purchases that day.

While the Hormel chicken breasts weren't on sale, they were a fantastically convenient meal solution.  For around five dollars, you got two decent size chicken breasts.  They came in their own metal pan, ready to go directly into the oven.  The breasts were coated with an Italian mixture of herbs, providing some flavor.  Once I pulled them out of the fridge, I simply had to remove the paper sleeve and the plastic wrap, which was vacuum sealed tightly to the chicken.  Bake the dish thirty minutes, and it is time to eat!

Now, with anything there are downsides.  In this case, when you pulled off that vacuum sealed plastic, most of the Italian coating went right with it.  I had to use a fork to scrape the seasonings off of the plastic wrap.  It's not a deal-breaker, but it showed a lack of forethought in the individual responsible for the packaging.

My response to the chicken was pretty meh, but Mark really liked it.  In the chicken's defense, I don't really eat all that much meat; I'm more into the sides.  The chicken was very moist and flavorful though.

After the ease and success of the Hormel Italian Style Chicken Breasts, I would definitely try some of their other oven ready products.  I probably wouldn't try this specific one again, since I didn't care for the flavoring, but I have high hopes for their other offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment