Saturday, April 28, 2012

Steak 'N Shake

Aside from proximity to my friends and family, the biggest perk I miss from when I lived in State College is definitely the accessibility to food.  I see you shaking your head, marveling at the number of restaurants in Myrtle Beach.  You're right.  There are a lot of restaurants here in Myrtle Beach.  Do you know how many of them are open twenty-four hours a day?  It's not many, and some of the ones that are open all night are just terrible.  In State College, I could have cookies baked fresh and delivered to my home at two in the morning!  Amazing!  If I want late night food here in Myrtle Beach, Steak 'N Shake is one of the better options.

Located less than ten minutes from my home, Steak 'N Shake is relatively close by and offers a meal at a decent price.  Is the food fancy and high quality?  Probably not, but when it's midnight and you're hungry, you don't care.  I had a grilled cheese sandwich and fries, and they were awesome.  They cost me all of $3.99.  Mark had spaghetti noodles with chili and junk on them.  He only ate about half of them, but he said they tasted pretty good.  The menu has a myriad of burgers to choose from, as well.

When it's time to get a drink, they have your normal soda choices and some quality milk shakes too.  I had myself a Coke with cherry syrup added.  Note, this is not the same thing as a Cherry Coke.  If you don't believe me, try it yourself.  Go to the store and buy cherry syrup, Cherry Coke, and Coke.  Drink the Cherry Coke then drink the Coke with cherry syrup added to it.  If you can't taste the difference, you're not doing it right.  Steak 'N Shake does it right.

I didn't stop with my amazing Cherry Coke.  I also got a special strawberry milkshake.  Like my soda choice, it was great, and there was a lot of it!  I split it with Mark; he agreed it was quite good.

If Steak 'N Shake suffers anywhere, it is in the service department.  The girls that have waited on us there have been nice enough, but you can tell they don't really care.  It may just be that it is late and they expect a certain clientele, but our service was lackluster.

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at a Steak 'N Shake, but it's not a bad choice if you want some okay food at weird hours.  Their milk shakes are pretty good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment