Monday, April 16, 2012

Sonic Screwdriver

Choosing your Doctor is a very personal thing.  If you've watched Doctor Who, you should have picked a Doctor.  This doesn't mean you don't like the other Doctors, but everyone should have their own personal favorite.  My favorite Doctor was David Tennant, the tenth Doctor.  For Christmas, my loving husband, who said David Tennant could be on my list*, got me a sonic screwdriver, and it's not just any sonic screwdriver.  It is the tenth Doctors sonic screwdriver.

I know you're wondering why it is I am reviewing an item I received months ago.  I am one of those terrible people who will leave new items/toys in the packaging.  I don't like my gifts to get dusty.  As such, my sonic screwdriver has sat in the box on my computer stand since December 25th.  I have opened it today just so I can tell you how awesome it is.

First of all, it's a sonic screwdriver!  Frankly, I could end the review there and feel just fine about it.  There is a button on the side that makes the end light up and also produces a buzzing noise.  The button works whether the sonic screwdriver is extended or compacted.  Let's review.  Not only does the sonic screwdriver extend and light up, but it also makes a buzzing noise!

While those features are amazing, the sonic screwdriver also has practical uses.**  It comes with two different ends.  One end is a pen, while the other is a marker with UV ink.  The part of the sonic screwdriver that lights up is actually a UV light, so you can leave secret messages if you have friends awesome enough to have their own sonic screwdrivers.

The only real downside to my new device was putting the batteries in.  After my experience getting the batteries in my Desk Patrol Dalek, I was worried about getting my sonic screwdriver to work.  The people making these things love tiny screws.  I had to undo a teeny tiny screw to open up the screwdriver to put the batteries in to make all the cool stuff happen.  I'm happy to report that I threw no tools and completed my task with zero fatalities.

If you're a fan of Doctor Who, having a sonic screwdriver is just plain awesome.  The fact that is can be used as a regular pen is just icing on the cake.  Mark insists that I should take it into the bank, but sonic screwdrivers are valuable.  If it goes to the bank, I should probably put it in a safe deposit box....  You can never be too careful.

*Because my husband understands, and I'm pretty sure David Tennant is on his list too.

**Aside from being able to do everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment