Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Olive Garden Alfredo Pasta

At first glance, you probably assume I dined at Olive Garden tonight.  You would be wrong!  A few years ago, Mark picked me up a cookbook called Top Secret Recipes: Classics.  It's a book of recipes that are recreations of popular dishes at chain restaurants.  Tonight, I made the Olive Garden alfredo sauce at home!

The recipe was actually very easy to create.  It consisted of simmering butter, heavy cream, garlic powder, and garlic in a sauce pan for ten to twelve minutes.  I actually had to simmer closer to fifteen minutes to get a decent consistency.  You then remove it from the heat and add paremesan cheese.  That's it.  As far as simplicity goes, it doesn't get much easier than this.  I was sure to stay close by and stirring pretty constantly.  I was afraid of it scorching.

I was really worried about it being a good dish, as I had to cook it longer than suggested.  When I poured it over the noodles, it still looked pretty runny.  Once I had the plates in front of the both of us, I hesitantly took a bite, and it was actually very good!  It tasted a lot like the Olive Garden sauce, especially at first.  It also tasted a great deal like the alfredo sauce at Angelo's.

Once it got cold, it really wasn't very good.  Mark assured me that is a sign of good alfredo.  The recipe I used made a lot of food, and because the sauce was so rich, we couldn't even eat half of what I made.  I'll halve the recipe in the future.  According to Mark, I will be making it again.

If you want a recipe for alfredo sauce, let me know.  This one was excellent and very easy.  In total, the entire meal was made in less than twenty minutes.  Complete win.

No comments:

Post a Comment