Monday, December 24, 2012

Scotch Paper Cutter

I've been a scissors girl when it comes to wrapping.  Each year, random tools come out that are designed to make wrapping easier.  I think they really come out so the companies can pad their pockets a bit more.  For the last couple of years, I've seen different paper cutters and had no urge to buy any of them.  I don't need to shell out four dollars for a piece of equipment that does the same job as the scissors I already have.  Funny thing is...if you put that item on sale for a dollar...I'll try it!

At the Dollar Store, they sometimes require you to spend a certain amount of money if you wish to pay with a debit or credit card.  To pad my purchase total, I was wandering around, trying to find stocking stuffers.  Instead, I stumbled upon the Scotch Paper Cutter.  Since it was only a dollar, I figured why not give it a go.

When I set about wrapping presents on Christmas Eve, I pulled out my new paper cutter, to see how it held up.  I'm happy to report that it was quite useful.  With some papers, if you try to just run your scissors through it, it jams.  Heavy duty papers don't usually have that problem, but some of the character paper is on pretty cheap quality paper.

With the Scotch paper cutter, that didn't happen.  Sometimes, it was a bit awkward to get started, but once it was slicing away, it was all good.  It didn't jam.  I didn't have any unsightly tears or rips.  I still used my scissors if I needed to trim paper I had already started wrapping with, but that was the only time I used my scissors.  

This year, when I packed up my wrapping tools, I put my handy, dandy paper cutter in with the wrapping paper, so I can find it next year.  As skeptical as I was, it's actually a nice tool.  I wouldn't pay four dollars for it, but it was just right at one dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment