Sunday, December 2, 2012

AMC Story Sync

We have been regularly watching shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Walking Dead on AMC.  I've heard them mention story sync multiple of times, but we hadn't ever checked it out.  Tonight, my curiosity got the best of me.  We decided to check out story sync in conjunction with The Walking Dead tonight.

Before I talk about whether or not story sync is worth your time, let me tell you what it is.  You go to the AMC site for story sync, and you tell it when to begin.  It warns you against starting early because of spoilers.  I waited until after the recap before starting my experience.  

Arrowed!

The story sync is comprised of a few different things.  You'll see polls that you can participate in.  They also show kill shots from throughout the episode.  If there is a new character from the graphic novel introduced, they tell you when they are introduced in the book.  At one point, they explained specs on some of the weapons being used.  They even let you rate the gore factor.  

Story sync is full of polls and interaction.  It's a neat feature, but there are some downsides.  It can be distracting when you're trying to watch the show.  They are kind enough to include a timer that lets you know when the next update is.  This way, if you are the type to constantly be checking your screen, you don't have to.  You know when the next update is coming.  

If you do happen to miss an update, no worries.  You can scroll down the page and see each piece of information they've brought up.  Some of the polls and such mean more if you see them in time with the show.

Story sync is a really neat feature offered by AMC.  I'll probably use it again in the future, as I enjoyed it.  I like extra information.  If I was to offer them a word of advice, I would tell them to include the random Walking Dead information slide that pops up during one of the commercial breaks.  Tonight it was something about looking hot during the apocalypse  but I couldn't read it.  It goes by too fast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment