Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Saints Row the Third

For the most part, I am a video game voyeur.  I used to watch Ryan play video games, and now, I often watch Mark play video games.  There are certain games that I actually play, but they are few.  I've begun watching bits and pieces of Saint's Row the Third.  I must say...it's very fun.

While I can't speak as to the ease of play, I can tell you that Saint's Row the Third has more off the walls adventure than the average game.  Focusing on a gang who has become something of a media sensation/empire, you play one of the characters through his misadventures.*  For example, there is a quest where you drive around with a tiger in your car.  It's called "Face your fear" and requires you to drive safely but fast, to keep the tiger happy.  Like I said, it's ridiculous but fun.

It was a good two hours before Mark even started playing.  The character creator that comes with the game gives you ultimate control over what your character will look like.  Mark spent a good two hours creating Omar.**  Then, because he wanted to make more, he also created a night elf character.  That feature alone was worth the cost of admission.

Saint's Row the Third is a lot of odd and ridiculous quests, but they're consistently funny.  I'm sure some of the quests are annoying to complete, but Mark hasn't complained over-much.  Watching Omar skydive through a plane made the character creator my favorite part.

*Adventure may sound whimsical, but this is anything but.

**If you don't know who Omar is, go watch the Wire.  It's good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment