Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dunkin Donuts

For all of my donut needs, I visit Donut Man.  Sometimes, fate conspires to lead us to different places, which is what happened to me today.  I had volunteered to pick up a gift card for Dunkin Donuts.  This meant a trip to one of their stores, which I don't believe I have visited for over a year.  We don't get donuts very often, and when we do, we opt for Donut Man.*  That may be changing...

First off, let's discuss the donuts themselves.  They're pretty standard.  Most donut shops have the same types, with the occasional surprise.  Dunkin Donuts had a pumpkin one today, for example.  To test the quality, I ate the donut I usually get, which is a Boston Creme.  It was solid.  It wasn't hard or dried out, and it had a decent amount of filling.  I have no real complaints.  I have never had my mind blown by donuts, and I'm okay with that.

Now, we move on to the question of cost.  Donuts are pretty much equal in cost.  Whether I go to Donut Man, Krispy Kreme, or Dunkin Donuts, the cost is pretty stable.  Do not make the mistake that I believe donuts to be properly priced; they're all too expensive.  Either way, Dunkin Donuts doesn't usually take the lead for having better prices.

Tonight, however, when the gentleman asked me what I needed, I told him I was debating whether I needed donuts in addition to the gift card I came in for.  He immediately made me an offer; if I bought six donuts, he would give me six free.  Boom.  Needless to say, I walked out with a dozen donuts that I didn't need.  I mean, I was entertaining the notion, but he definitely sold me on them.

Frankly, the previously discussed traits aren't what sold me on Dunkin Donuts.  Based on the two gentlemen I encountered tonight, I must say that Dunkin Donuts had the happiest, most engaged employees I've encountered in a while.  They were both so upbeat and chipper that I was amazed.  One of them offered me an awesome donut deal.  The two of them bantered about coffee.  When I mentioned that they could use any excess coffee as it was used in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, they told me that because of where they were from, they wouldn't need it.  Overall, it was just a fun and unexpected interaction.

While Dunkin Donuts may not have the best donuts, tonight, they had the best employees.  Were I wearing a hat, I would take it off to the both of them.  In the future, I'll consider going to Dunkin Donuts; you should too.  On a final side note, one of them complimented my Disney purse.  /respectknuckles

*We give mad props to the place that stays open 24 hours a day.  /fistbump

No comments:

Post a Comment