Thursday, December 20, 2012

Farlo's Burrito Bar

To make my reviews more tolerable, I've begun putting pictures in them when possible.  If I try new food, I usually have pictures to accompany it.  Sometimes, I even get pictures of the restaurant itself.  For this review, I don't have any of those things.  My boss was awesome enough to buy us lunch.  Since he picked it up, I have no pictures of the restaurant.  Since I didn't eat my food at its freshest, it didn't seem fair to represent the restaurant with pictures of it.  Farlo's Burrito Bar deserves better.

I've tried quite a few eateries that try to be a taco bar, and the results are anywhere from meh to not too bad.  Based on the dish I had, I would say Farlo's is the best I've had.  The menu lists the options.  You choose the type of meal you want, such as a burrito, salad, tacos, or a quesadilla then select a meat filling.  Next, you choose the toppings that suit you.  The little paper menus are made up with check-boxes to make it easy.

In our case, each person, seven in total, filled out a menu with our choices.  After someone called in the order, the boss man went to pick it up.  From the time he picked it up to the time I ate it, I would say at least thirty minutes passed.  I had to gather up my husband first, as we were having lunch together.

I am happy to say that my chicken quesadilla with chicken and pico de gallo was still very delicious.  I can't imagine how great it would have been fresh.  The chicken was perfectly cooked and seasoned.  The cheese was ample.  I actually had no complaints about my meal.  It was a good portion too.

While I'm not overly excited about the location*, I am excited about the food.  Mark said his burrito was good too, so I'm sure we'll be eating there again.  You should give the place a try.  You might be pleasantly surprised!

*It's down near the ocean, where it is sometimes really busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment