Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Logan's Roadhouse

Since I obtained my driver's license in mid-January, Mark and I have been having more lunches out and about during the week.  Just last week, we saw a billboard for fifteen minutes express lunches at Logan's Roadhouse.  Today, we decided to spend our lunch at Logan's and see just how accurate the fifteen minute promise was in reality.

We went to lunch around two, which is a bit late for lunch.  You would expect this would expedite our meal.  When we entered the establishment, there was no wait to be seated, which makes sense.  We followed a young lady to a table.  Mark asked for a booth, and she was willing to clean one off for us.  I let her know a booth was fine, but it was nice that she would have accommodated us.

This is where the bad part of our tale arises.  The restaurant was not busy at all, but we waited for ten minutes before we were greeted by a server.  The young lady who greeted us, Heather, wasn't even our server.  She just realized that we had been sitting there for quite some time with no attention.  When someone tells me they waited for ten minutes without being greeted, I usually figure they are exaggerating.  When I say we waited ten minutes, I know for a fact it was that long.  When we initially entered the restaurant, I checked the time.  We only have one hour for lunch, so I keep close track of the time.

Luckily, Heather had felt our stare upon her and came to investigate.  She offered to get drinks for us, even though she wasn't our server.  Since we were on lunch, we asked her to take our order, to which she agreed.  When she went to the kitchen to enter the order, I went to the restroom.  As I passed the kitchen, I heard her talking to the girl who was apparently supposed to be our server.  The other girl felt bad, but Heather decided to take us on as a table.

Heather brought out our drinks and supplied us with yeast* rolls.  The rolls were delicious, as well as the peanuts already present on the table.  I hate throwing the peanut shells on the floor, but peanuts are awesome.  Heather managed to keep our drinks refilled, which is no small feat.  I am a heavy drinker, not alcohol, but soda or water.  Considering I was already quite annoyed from our long wait, Heather was turning that around with her incredible service.

Nine minutes after Heather took our order, we had our lunches.  They beat the promised time by six minutes, quite impressive.  We both had salad.  I chose the fried chicken salad, while Mark opted to try the chicken salad.  My salad was delicious.  I had them hold the mushrooms and requested ranch dressing.  Mark's chicken salad came on a bed of lettuce with fruit and candied pecans, as well as ranch dressing on the side.  Sometimes, when they put chicken fingers on a salad, they are hard and over-breaded; these ones were lightly breaded and fresh.  They were quite good.  Mark had nothing but positive words to say about his chicken salad.  I can't testify to its deliciousness as I did not try it.  I did, however, steal one of his strawberries, and they were quite good, perfectly ripe.

Upon asking for the check, Heather immediately brought it to us.  I can not say enough good things about her.  I really expected to not return to Logan's upon our initial treatment, but Heather completely reversed the damage and actually turned the experience into a great one.  I understand breakdowns in communication, and I truly appreciated that Heather was proactive and took care of us.  I actually spoke to the manager about how great she was since we will return to Logan's purely because of her impeccable service.

If you're looking for a quick lunch in Myrtle Beach, give Logan's Roadhouse a try.  Their fifteen minute express lunches are good, and they actually offer quite a few of them.  Some places who boast an express lunch only offer five or six choices.  Logan's offered a dozen or more.  Asking for Heather would be a wise move, as well.

*I hate the word "yeast".

2 comments:

  1. I'm the balloon guy at Logan's in Garner, NC. All the staff there are wonderful and the food is amazingly good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one here in Myrtle Beach doesn't have a balloon guy, but now I wish they did!

    ReplyDelete