Monday, February 6, 2012

Castle

I'm pretty sure Mark and I are in love....with Nathan Fillion.  I bought Mark the first season of Castle for Christmas, knowing we could both fantasize about Nathan Fillion due to his massive...nerd cred.  From Firefly to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Mr. Fillion is just plain cool.  Now, I know Film Critic Hulk has pointed out that to label something as cool can do a disservice.  One should be able to explain why.  Nathan Fillion has charisma.  He also picks roles that are enhanced by his particular charms.  Frankly, if Nathan Fillion were not the main character in Castle, I wouldn't be watching it.  Right now, we're just starting episode two, so I can judge the entire series.  Based solely on the first episode, Castle appears to be a typical television whodunit with a different twist.  Unfortunately, the twist isn't that special when compared to any other show of this type.  What makes the show worth watching is Nathan Fillion.  I'm not saying the show is terrible, but it appears "meh" at best...until they jack up the Fillion Factor to ten!  Heck, it may even go to eleven.  Mark and I both found ourselves charmed by the show and will probably end up buying all seasons available on DVD.  While this reads as my love letter to Nathan Fillion, I assure you it is not.  That had a lot more naked pictures in it.  If you like Nathan Fillion, try out Castle.  It's kind of like Monk + Grimm - the supernatural.


(Moved from FB - January 3, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment