Monday, February 6, 2012

Archer (Just Season One)


When Archer's first season originally aired, I was still pretty deep into Wow (World of Warcraft).  This caused me to often miss episodes, which Mark was able to watch.  Because of that, Mark has constantly gone on about how great Archer is, while I haven't really felt that way.  Today, I decided to watch season one, so I would know if Mark was right or just plain crazy.  It didn't take too long, as season one consists of just ten episodes.

Archer is an animated series, which has become more acceptable with the success of Family Guy.  Some veiwers may be put off by the type of animation, but having watched a great deal of animation through the Adult Swim block on Cartoon Network, I'm used to pretty much all types of animation.  Traditionalists might not like it, but I hope they can get past the animation to actually watch an episode.

The first episode starts off relatively slow, but that can be attributed to just not knowing the characters or the roles they play.  I actually only got halfway through the first episode before I shut it off.  I wouldn't have gone back to it if Mark hadn't mentioned it.  Once I got through that first episode, the show got more interesting.  

The show focuses on Sterling Archer, an Isis agent.  It's kind of like an American James Bond, only much funnier.  The subject matter is most definately aimed at adults.  If I was baby sitting for someone, I would not let their kids watch this show.  Some people still believe animated shows are only for children.  This show has enough blood, sex, and violence to cure any viewer with such a silly notion. 

If you want to check the show out, which I strongly suggest, you can catch up on the first season on Netflix.  Unfortuantely, you'll have to purchase season two.  Make sure you check it out sooner, rather than later; season three debuts on Thrusday.
(Moved from FB - January 16, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment