Friday, September 28, 2012

JCP Mail Order

I don't like buying most clothes or shoes online.  I find that verifying fit is very important, and many items bought online can't be returned in an actual store.  It just so happens that JC Penney has found a way around those problems.  Of course, if they have actual stores, why even buy online or via catalog?  I'm so glad you asked.

I am not a big fan of the shoe department at JC Penney.  They have half sizes up until size ten.  They do not carry ten and a half; it jumps right to eleven.  Often, they don't even have size eleven in stock.  As someone with big feet, it can be difficult to find shoes that fit.  While I wear a larger shoe size, my feet are on the narrow side.

We were on a mission the other day to find pirate boots for my costume.*  Luckily, boots with buckles and straps on them are in style right now.  After visiting multiple retailers, we ended up in JC Penney.  Even though I have trouble finding the right size, Mark and I chose a couple of boots to try on.  As expected, they didn't have size ten and a half.  The young lady brought me a ten in one boot and an eleven in the other.  I didn't care for the fit of the ten but liked the eleven.

As is par for the course, the size eleven boots were in brown; I needed black.  The young lady, in an attempt to find a solution for me, suggested I order the boots in black.  Brilliant!  She placed the order right there, I paid, and we were all set.  Because the total order exceeded $50, shipping was free.  Shipping to the store is always free, while you often have to pay to have items shipped to your home.  I had my boots shipped home due to the free shipping offer on items over $50.

Now, the shopping and what not happened about a week ago.  Upon arrival home today, my boots were waiting.**  I was amused by the way they were shipped, as the box was much larger than it needed to be.***  I'm happy to report that my pirate boots were in good shape.  I have tried them on with my costume, and I am very happy with the results.

So, let's review why the JC Penney mail order is so great:

  1. You can try items on in store and order different colors if they're not available in store.
  2. You can have your items shipped for free to the store.
  3. If your total exceeds $50, you can have the items shipped to your home at no cost.
  4. Should you find yourself unhappy with your product, you can return it at your nearest JCP.
If you have to order something that could be hard to properly size, try ordering from JC Penney.  They have a good return policy, and you probably won't have to pay for shipping.  When you factor in their lower prices, it's a pretty good deal.  The boots at the other stores I visited were easily twenty to thirty dollars more expensive than the boots I ended up ordering, which weren't even on sale.  I like JC Penney, and you should too!


*We're going to the Disney Halloween party at the end of October.  I finally agreed to dress as pirates.  Mark is psyched.

**Actually, the mailman had left them at the wrong condo, but Mark grabbed them for me.  Apparently, it's hard to read numbers.

***There's a joke to be made there, but this is a classy review.

No comments:

Post a Comment