Thursday, September 27, 2012

First Federal Chip Clips

Sometimes, it is in the most unlikely places that you find quality goods.  I like chip clips.  I'm not obsessed or anything, but they're actually quite useful.  I have one I got years ago that is Kellogg's themed.*  Recently, I decided I needed more chip clips and bought a set of eight or so at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  That was a mistake.  They were terrible.

Luckily, I have two amazing chip clips from First Federal.  See, I won some a drawing and got a few First Federal themed items.  My favorite loot are a red chip clip and a purple chip clip, both with the First Federal logo.

Now, I know you're wondering how they can be so amazing as to warrant their own review.  It wasn't until I bought some terrible clips that I realized how great these ones were.  Let me count the ways!

  1. They have incredibly strong magnets.  If I stick them on the fridge, they don't go flying if I open the door quickly.  The other ones I got slowly slide down the fridge door.  Pathetic.
  2. They are strong.  I can clip the most unruly chip bag closed with these clips.  They don't get sheepish and slide off.  They keep my chips fresh and free of vermin.
  3. They're heavy.  I feel like I could cause some decent damage to an intruder if I had to.
If you're looking for good chip clips, don't buy some set of six at a random home goods store.  Get some for free from your local bank.  I'll be they're much better.


*For obvious reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment