Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dayoftheshirt.com

We met the most amazing young lady when we were down at Disney.  She was one of those CMs that will stop and ask you to take a survey.  Her name was Jenn.*  She was a redditor who liked Sherlock.  Mark and I want to be her friends.

If you see this person, heap praise upon her.
She is very awesome.
Her name is Jenn.

Perhaps the best thing about our meeting with Jen, aside from her participating in our picture adventure and being super awesome, was the gift she gave us...the gift of awesome tee shirts.  You see, while we were chatting about all sorts of nerdery, she made mention of teefury.com and dayoftheshirt.com.  I now keep the latter site up on my computer at all times.

Apparently, there is this thing on the internet where a specially designed t-shirt will be made available, often for only twenty four hours.  Dayofthteshirt.com allows you to see the most popular daily tee shirt sites in one handy, dandy website.  It's easy to browse and links directly to the site you buy off of.

Aside from the fact that they save me the hassle of visiting mutliple websites to check out their shirts, they have more websites than I knew about represented.  In case you're wondering what kind of shirts we're talking about, let me list off my favorite shirts from today:

  • Powerpuff girls as DC superheroes
  • Gears of War Dom - Remember the Fallen
  • Xenomorph close-up
  • Kiki's Delivery Service Logo
  • Breaking Bad - I am the danger.
  • I survived Indiana Jones Mine Ride of Doom
  • The Mario Bros. done up as Walt & Jesse from Breaking Bad
Now, those are just some of the shirts on the site today.  They're done by different artists and often focus on pop culture.  I love it!  I've seen Game of Thrones and Dr.  Who shirts on there as well.

Let's talk cost.  If I walk into Hot Topic and buy a mass produced t-shirts, it costs almost $30.**  The shirts on these sites cost between $10 and $15.  On some sites, the shirts stay up for three days or so.  Some of the linked sites also offer the shirt design on other items.  

I brought a lot of really good memories away from Disney weekend, but this is by far the neatest souvenier I picked up.  I actually ordered my first shirt today.  I think it was around $15 with the shipping and handling.  It was a good deal for a shirt I probably won't see a lot of other people wearing.***  Go check out the site; if nothing else, you can see neat designs.


*And his name was Robert Paulson.

**I know because I really wanted the Dr. Hooves shirt they have.

***I know that's not important, but let me have this.

No comments:

Post a Comment