Friday, August 3, 2012

Walt Disney World - The Happiest Celebration on Earth 2 Disc CD Set

As you've no doubt figured out by now, I am a big fan of many Disney related things.  When we cleaned out the old car to switch to the new one, we rediscovered a CD set I bought at Disney a couple of years ago.  It's a two disc set with music from the parks.  Between listening to Disney area music via youtube when I'm home and listening to this CD set when I'm in the car, I'm feeling the Disney vibe.

As I haven't done a lot of research into the other CDs available, I can't say whether or not this is the best choice when looking for park music.  Most of the tracks are from specific rides with a few area specific pieces.  I listen to about half of the tracks.  The music from classic rides that are still in operation make me happy, like Pirates and Haunted Mansion.  I'm not a big fan of some of the lyric based songs from attractions I no longer remember.  

Disney does a good job of making their music either sound epic or timeless.  Unfortunately, some of the songs on the CD set are neither.  At times, I feel as if I've stepped back into the early 80's.  While I respect the nod to Disney history, about  half of these tracks are far from their greatest hits.

When I'm visiting Disney again, I'll be looking for a CD that is filled with the different area music from the parks.  Until then, I'll keep enjoying about half of the tracks in the set I have now.  I'm thinking I paid around $30 for the set.  I only listen to it when I'm planning a Disney trip, so that's probably not the best use of cash.  Youtube provides me with better options for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment